They have an exciting job opportunity for an Assistant Town Planner to join the UK development team and work on our solar and battery storage planning applications across the UK.
You will be taking on a very varied role, ideal for someone who is early on in their career, looking to develop their planning skills and build a career in the renewable energy sector. Day-to-day work will include a mix of technical, analytical, problem solving and project management tasks. For the right candidate, there is potential for this role to grow and develop according to their interests and abilities.
Based in Bristol in the City Centre office there are also opportunities for flexible and remote working.
- Carry out high-level planning reviews of new solar and energy storage sites
- Drafting appraisals and providing verbal briefings to the UK and Director teams
- Advise on planning strategy for complex schemes
- Help coordinate solar and energy storage planning applications
- Facilitate communication and planning related requests between internal teams
- Liaise, appoint and review outputs of external planning and environmental consultants
- Coordinate site visits with key stakeholders
- Review planning reports and drawings prior to submission
- Help unblock issues surrounding complex planning applications
- Review and support negotiation of planning conditions
- Participate in pre-application meetings with local planning authorities
- Help organise and participate in community consultation events
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in the renewable energy sector. You will be given up to two days of study leave per year for the purposes of working towards RTPI Accreditation of Professional Competence.
Drayton Fox Recruitment are acting on behalf of the client in regards to this vacancy.