It’s essential that you have similar experience working within housing and feel comfortable building strong and sustainable relationships with the technical team, site managers, the commercial team, sales staff and the customer service team.
It’s important that you can demonstrate experience in using, word, excel and AutoCAD, have detailed knowledge of the latest Standards such as Robust Details, Building Regulations and the NHBC standards and be confident and adept working in the busy housebuilding environment.
The business is growing and has recently added additional staff to the land team, they pride themselves on producing innovative & creative solutions to housing delivery. The right person for this job will be a team player and have a problem-solving mindset. You will often be required to assess an issue and use initiative to succeed. Being organised and being able to communicate with a wide variety of people will be a huge benefit.
The main duties expected of the Technical Manager are:
- To monitor and achieve targets set in the Critical Date Summary, ensuring that complete drawing packages are issued on time.
- To help the Technical Director produce technical reports and associated fee schedules for new sites.
- To liaise with the Land and Planning Departments over site-specific problems raised during land acquisition and to organise Consultants to carry out work on behalf of the Land and Planning Departments.
- Briefing/Appoint & co-ordination of consultants and interrogation of designs including value engineering of all working drawing packages.
- Pre-contract applications to include, postal addresses, statutory notifications, Initial Notice, code registration, NHBC registrations.
- Liaise with appointed consultants to discharge NHBC Building Control conditions.
- Liaison and support of other departments in providing technical information and resolving technical issues.
- Liaise with the Planning team to provide information to submit for planning condition approval, including preparing External Material Schedules.
- To liaise with appointed consultants to ensure the approval of nominated suppliers’ information.
- Attend progress meetings and site visits on a weekly/fortnightly basis and internal meetings with other departments
- The production of the legal handover pack, providing details of any legal agreements, NHBC warranty information, drawings, conveyance plans and any relevant information for the solicitor to prepare the sales legal pack.
- Checking marketing information in relation to sales brochures and general marketing literature
- Support of site teams and attendance at monthly site meetings
- Liaison with Housing Association and their agent, providing conveyance plans, attending regular meetings and providing Health & safety packs on completion.
- Office administration, record keeping, filing of drawings onto the system, preparation/monitoring of pre-contract programs.
Drayton Fox Recruitment are acting on behalf of the client in regards to this vacancy.