You will be working for an expert in building sustainability and energy efficiency. This company are the UK’s first B-Corp sustainability consultancy, and lead the industry to offer support for a broad range of clients across the construction sector to achieve their goals and aspirations. They are making a difference in today’s climate challenges; working on flagship and cutting-edge projects, influencing changes in standards, and educating people across the construction sector to help them achieve net-zero status buildings.
Due to the continued success & growth of the business, they are looking to appoint a Head of Operations. The ideal candidate will thrive in a diverse team, challenging themselves to do better and has a passion for the evolution of the construction industry’s sustainability agenda.
An experienced Head of Operations within a progressive, market-leading sustainability consultant. As part of the Senior Leadership Team you will be responsible for the management and leadership of business operations as we continue to shape the way we decarbonise the built environment.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this is a key position that requires a minimum of 10 years experience in the construction industry. Overseeing multiple projects and clients, the role’s primary function is to bring the company vision to life.
- Significant experience within the construction industry
- Ability to drive improvements in efficiency.
- Proven track record of leading change and delivering process improvements
- Strong financial acumen, analytical with strong IT capabilities
- Highly commercially astute and customer-centric
- Knowledge and implementation of risk management strategies and processes
- Experience of managing teams within a faced paced and complex environment
- Proven ability in articulating data and forecasts to stakeholders with commercial acumen
- Ability to see wider strategic goals and ability to align actions to support department and organisational strategy
As Head of Operations, your key responsibilities will include:
- the leadership, development, and oversight of the business
- identifying opportunities for continuous service development and improvement
- deputising for Founder when necessary
- ensure high company standards for customer delivery, service, and development
- ensure we remain a leading sustainability consultant
- deliver on our 3 main short-term objectives which are 80% of projects are Net- Zero, we will deliver 100,000 hours of training and education on net-zero in construction through various channels in 2025-2026 and have £1m liquid asset by end of 2026
To be successful in your new role you will need to:
- have a good knowledge of the UKGBC’s work on Net Zero Carbon
- hold a relevant Management Qualification or equivalent experiential learning
- experience in building positive relationships with key stakeholders
- have the capacity to quickly identify potential risks and key actions required
- effectively delegate roles and tasks to actively manage and control resources
- be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind
- be flexible in your approach, transparent and an excellent communicator
- able to build and coach skilled and motivated teams as the business grows
This role would be perfect for an established leader looking to take the next step in their career, someone who is passionate about leading, managing and supporting others and someone with the ambition and drive to adapt, develop and evolve a truly changing team.
Drayton Fox Recruitment are acting on behalf of the client in regards to this vacancy.