As an Estate Surveyor you will be involved in all aspects of valuation and estates. You will need some experience of acquisitions, disposals, management, rating and compensation matters. This vacancy would suit someone with circa 3 years of experience working in a similar role.
- You will provide specialist advice to colleagues, customers ,internal departments and partner organisations on interpreting and applying policies and technical principals, assessing risks and benefits and ensuring policy proposals are developed.
- In the role you will negotiate terms and charges with statutory authorities and other bodies for easements, wayleaves, licences and rights of way affecting land in the ownership of the council and be the expert witness as required.
- You will conduct marketing and negotiations for the sale or lease of council properties and provide valuation reports if required for property transactions, feasibility studies, land estimates and asset valuation purposes.
- Developing solutions, you will have an input into service plans, propose changes to increase efficiency of the service and make recommendations to resolve issues
- You will prepare reports on a range of technical issues, ensuring these meet regulations, codes of practice guidelines and meet budget.
Degree in Estate Management or relevant – ideally RICS membership.
Proven track record in a similar role with circa 3 years of working experience in that job. You will require experience in delivering projects and meeting both contractual and commercial deadlines within budget. Excellent IT skills and it would be a benefit if you have experience of working on MapInfo although training will be given. You will have excellent communication with good persuasion and influencing skills with the ability to negotiate effectively.
Drayton Fox Recruitment are acting on behalf of the client in regards to this vacancy.