The development team focusses on identifying and acquiring new projects ranging from land purchases, Section 106 led opportunities to more unique, specialist supported housing projects. They work closely with the local authorities and Homes England. The team are also involved in continually reviewing owned assets and identifying re-development opportunities.
This particular job is for a Development Officer. The successful applicant will be supporting the identification, acquisition and delivery of affordable housing developments, to include, general needs rented, supported housing, temporary accommodation, shared ownership and traveller sites.
The role is brilliantly varied and will include :
- Leading on development of administrative and procedural activities to support the delivery of the development programme.
- Supporting all development related activities
- Being a link-up between all teams in the business and external stakeholders – you must be an excellent and effective communicator.
- You will compile surveys, instruct solicitors, consultants & agents, board appraisal reports, committee reports, planning documentation and liaise with customers.
- You will oversee the handover process of new homes to customers and to be directly involved in this process on-site and using the specific technology to manage this process.
- You will be directly involved with customers’ defects, snagging items and feedback surveys.
It would be beneficial if you have experience of working in a property related environment and an understanding of residential property development and the planning process. There is an element of data input, management and reporting so skills in those areas are required.
Having previous experience working in a role where you identified, progressed and coordinated development led opportunities would stand you in good stead for being successful in this role. In the development industry within housing associations, there is a need to be competitive in your approach and have a proven track record in proactive problem-solving.
If this is of interest to you and you would like further information, please do get in touch with Jeni Jones.
Drayton Fox Recruitment Ltd is acting on behalf of the client to promote this vacancy.