The company in Exeter are expanding after a hugely successful year, they are looking for 2 people who have a working knowledge of how residential properties go together and are confident in their technical knowledge to act as the site inspector to assess and offer suggestions, potential improvements and to report back.
Some of the responsibilities of the role will be :
- Working closely with the project manager who will identify the location and details of site inspections
- Coordinating staff on-site, identifying likely positions of barriers and locations for inspection holes to be drilled
- Assist operatives in identifying barriers, recording where they are missing and proposing timescales for likely remedial works
- Producing a short report with photographs for each site
- Driving to different site locations which will be in varied locations. The majority of sites will be in Bristol and surrounding areas.
The ideal candidate for this job will :
- Have a good understanding of domestic construction both masonry and timber frame
- Have a particular understanding of part B of the Building Regulations and the corresponding sections of the NHBC standards or be prepared to learn quickly
- Be comfortable liaising with residents
- Be calm under pressure and able to diffuse difficult situations if necessary
- Manage their time effectively
- Be prepared to travel and have appropriate transport
- Have a reasonable understanding of IT including MS Word and Excel
- Be prepared to attend a web-based, company-funded, distance learning course on Fire Barriers
Drayton Fox Ltd is acting on behalf of the client in regards to this vacancy.